Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our Garden/Yard Map


This is kind of hard to see, but here is our yard. On the far right or east side, we have cinderblock planters that line the driveway, and that is where I am putting my peas (they will theoretically grow up the fence), and then in a couple months plant my squashes, gourds and melons. On our far west side, we have our parking strip, and that is where I am going to make some garden boxes and plant roma tomatoes, celebrity tomatoes (my neighbor told me this is one of the best varieties for our climate as far as being drought and bug resisitant, and being good for canning), tomatillos & jalapeno peppers, cucumbers, and our Big Max pumpkins! Also on the west side, we have a little hill which is where the lettuce, spinach, and carrots will go. Behind that in a big square will be the corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment